Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Inspiration + Bandana Beginnings


When I was pregnant with our little guy, I received a hand-made baby blanket from a dear friend. It was her first sewing project! I was incredibly impressed and touched by this special gift.



Since then, I could not stop thinking about how precious it was to receive that hand-made gift. It was so special to know all the time and love that went into creating this unique gift. Even as a child, I have always loved making my own cards for special occasions because the time and creativity seems more special. Gifts are my favorite thing (giving as well as getting of course), so I began to wonder if I could learn to sew as well.

Then I had the baby. The baby was amazing. 



In case you didn't know, babies take up 100% of your time and energy. I was tired. I was busy. We decided I would stay at home with the baby rather than pursuing a career in education (yay!).

Then the baby got older. The baby took longer naps.  The baby slept at night. I was still busy, but I wanted needed a creative and fun outlet to get me through the long days of homemaking and child rearing. I had a sewing machine, but no idea how to use it. Once I had my first ever sewing lesson on my machine I couldn't stop!

Sewing is so much fun!

Many months and YouTube videos later, I found myself wanting to make a baby bandana bib for my especially drooly almost-one-year-old. I had seen a few pictures of them and fell in love right away.



If the baby has to wear a bib, it might as well be a super cute one, right? I mean, I can't stop taking pictures of this cute babe so I know his bibs are going to be in the picture as well. I found a free pattern and tutorial from white and bright's blog (you can find her awesome tutorial here), tweaked the pattern to my own liking, and I now have a size and pattern of my own that I love!




I'd love to hear from you! Who inspired you to sew? Leave a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment