Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Un-afraid




We are in process.

Just like our favorite characters in books and in movies, we change, we grow, we adapt, we become.

I am in process. I am God's process. My life is just a small (yet important) story in the Greatest Story Ever, written by God himself.  The one in which God creates the universe by speaking it forth; in which the man and woman, created in his likeness, tell God their story isn't good enough and try to rewrite it themselves, resulting in sin and death and hundreds of years of wanderings and loneliness and questioning God's goodness; in which God himself enters into this Story and kills death through his own death and through his resurrection to life he authors the way for eternal life for all who would trust in God to forgive their wrongdoings; in which he then writes their names into his Book of Life (best. ending. ever.).

I sometimes wonder why God didn't write my story differently, or why he didn't give me a different character. I enviously look at my neighbor and try to tell God that my story is not good enough, that I deserve better.

Better? Do they have it better than I? Are they perfect while I am not? Do I lack any good thing?

No, not while I have Christ. 


And here I am, in this process, and so you are too. But what shall we become?

We are God's process, God's masterpiece.  We shall be perfect (Mat. 5:48). And since I have Jesus, I already am.

I am unafraid because that is who God says I am. Yes, I fear. Yes, I am anxious. I can create scenarios  in my head that result in death and loss because my heart clings to things that can be lost instead of treasuring Christ (who can never be lost).

I am unafraid because anything I could imagine to be fearful has already been defeated at the cross. If Christ is my everything, I have nothing to loose.

But I am not there yet. I chose a name for myself that I will grow into. 

And, who could help but play with the spelling when my favorite hobby is sewing?

My life is frayed, tangled, imperfect. But I am not. God entered into my little story and wrote my name into his Big Book and told me that because of Christ I am perfect. I am so thankful that God is writing my story, and that the end is good.

I am unafrayed!











No comments:

Post a Comment